Payroll officer pays employees and compiles payroll information by managing payroll preparation; completing reports; maintaining records.
BSc in Accounting, Human Resources or relevant field
0 to 1 year
Roles & Responsibilities:
Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection,
calculation, and entering of data.
- Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
- Pays employees by directing the production and issuance of paychecks or electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepares reports by compiling summaries of earnings, taxes, deductions, leave, disability, and nontaxable wages.
- Determines payroll liabilities by approving the calculation of employee federal and state income and social security taxes, and employer's social security, unemployment, and workers’ compensation payments.
- Balances the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies.
- Provides payroll information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains employee confidence and protects payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; and participating in professional societies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains payroll staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains payroll staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Managing Processes
- People Management
- Data entry Management
- Reporting Skills
- Compensation and Wage Structure
- Benefits Administration
- Work Compensation
- Employment Law
- Developing Standards
- Financial Skills
Opening Available : 2